Been working on Nimakim. Here’s my first attempt at his head. As I was crocheting in a spiral, I just swapped yarns as I got to his face. But I wasn’t entirely happy with it.
So I made head number 2 by making his face, and then his head, and then crocheting them together. I like this one better.
Unfortunately, I’ve been concentrating so hard on getting the head shape right, I forgot to put on his plastic eyes. (They have locking washers which have to go on the inside before you sew it up.) So Nimakim may have button or crochet eyes instead, or I will have to make head number 3.
Here’s his body. Since he’s a forest creature, and in his design he has brown as well as grey, I gave him some stripes to break up his outline.
Now I’m worried his head is too big for his body and I’ll need body number 2 as well. We’ll see.